Sunday, February 12, 2023

Tasting - Rickshaw Pinot Noir


Name
Rickshaw

Variety of the grape(s): Pinot Noir 

Country of origin: United States

Region of origin: Sonoma Coast, California

Vintage year: 2021

Price: $10

Shop/wine critic/winery review of the wine: The 2021 RICKSHAW Pinot Noir is endlessly energetic. Bright red-fruit aromas of raspberries, strawberries, and Rainier cherries are complimented with notes of vanilla, cedar, and nutmeg. Toasted oak, light fruit, and spice flavors are persistent on the palate and met with elegant, rich medium-textured tannins and a long, silky finish.

References of specific flavors, aromas, and grape varietal characteristics taken directly from the Wine Folly text, with page numbers referenced: pg 150 Pinot Noir- I taste the cherry and spiciness (from the clove) that the textbook refers to. However, I do not taste the raspberry or vanilla elements that the textbook references. This wine is very acidic like the textbook says. The textbook describes this wine as smooth but I disagree. I find it hard to go down since I am overwhelmed by the acidity and spice.

My Review: This wine is lighter and has less body than the Cabernet Sauvignon that I tried. I felt like the wine was a bit aggressive and made me pucker my lips despite the textbook saying that this wine is low in tannins. Perhaps the acidity was too much for my liking. I did not eat food with this wine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner Blog #2

  During my time at home during spring break, I ate dinner with my family and decided to pair three wines with our meal. I went to Wegmans w...